Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sketch challenge SFF012012

Alright, here is another attempt at a sketch challenge from the wonderful ladies of Sketch Frenzy Friday! I am really enjoying their sketches and enjoying the time I am taking to paper craft!

Here is the template Tina gave us:






And this is what I came up with:




I used River Rock as my base, Melon Mambo as my main background color, Early Espresso cut out with the Bigz Top Note die, Twitterpated DSP, Melon Mambo embossing powder with Versa Mark ink for the flower, pleated ribbon in Blushing Bride along with a Blushing Bride button, and hemp twine.

I have really enjoyed this challenge! To say the least it was very challenging for me as I had trouble picturing what I could do with this sketch. Thank you for viewing my card!

7 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Love how you chose to use a top note die for the circle element. Thanks for playing with us this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Dorian--can't tell you were "challenged" at all! I love that you used the top note die instead of the circle! And your ribbon is so pretty!! Thanks for joining us again this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love the colors you used for this! And I think the button is just the perfect accent! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Great colors, great card!! Thanks for playing with us again this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! and what a fabulous job you did! I love that you subsituted the large circle for the top note! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the Twitterpated paper! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Freny Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great interpretation of the sketch! I so love the Top Note Die and forget to pull it out!. Just Lovely.Please come back this week to so we can see another beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete