Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hard to say good bye.

Okay! I know, as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I am supposed to let go of the old and move onto the new. But I am having such a hard time this year since so many of my favorites got put on the retired list :( One of my absolute favorites, because I am such an animal lover, was the D is for Dog stamp set. This was a great stamp set because so many people I know have beloved animals, especially dogs, and it was versatile since you could use it for many occasions including sympathy. This card I designed for a friend who recently lost her beloved Baloo. He was a beautiful Rhodesian Ridgeback who had cancer. He was 10 years old! The card base is Crumb Cake, which I stamped the paws and bones onto using Versamark ink. I used a piece of DSP from Comfort Café that used Cajun Craze and Soft Suede, and used Crumb Cake seam binding and crumpled it before tying it around the DSP, and finishing it with a poor man's bow. The dog image was stamped in Cajun Craze, not just because it matched, but also because Rhodesian Ridgebacks are reddish brown. I used a sponge with Cajun Craze to make a border around the image then attached it to the card. I punched a heart then sponged it with All-Purpose Ink in Champagne Mist to give it a "heart of gold" which is what Baloo had :) and attached it with a safety pin. I hope you have a wonderful day! And get to enjoy it with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment