Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentine's Day cards

Hello Everyone!  This past Saturday I held a class to make Valentine's Day cards.  It was so much fun!!  I got to host 10 ladies, and more wanted to come!  I can't wait to until next month when we will do it all over again, but with a different theme.  For this class I created three cards that would be easy to duplicate.

My first card began with Pool Party card stock as the base, one sheet of 8-1/2" by 11" cut in half at 5-1/2" on the 11" side.  I matted a piece of More Amore DSP, cut at 3-3/4" by 5", with a piece of Primrose Petals card stock cut at 4" by 5-1/4".  I cut a piece of Pool Party ruffled ribbon about 5-1/2", wrapped and clued it around the More Amore DSP.  I stamped two images from the That's the Ticket stamp set from the Stampin' Up! Spring mini catalog.  I have to confess, I love this stamp set not only because you can use it for several occasions, but you can you the coordinating ticket punch with this set to create great looks!  I stamped the Valentine's Day sentiment in Pool Party onto Very Vanilla card stock, and used one of the plain tickets with numbers to stamp onto Very Vanilla card stock in Primrose Petals Classic ink.  I clustered three flowers from the Vanilla 5/8" Flower Trim on top of the Pool Party ribbon.  To finish this look, I added three small pearl accents to the center of each flower.

My second card was a bit more simple.  I used Crumb Cake as the base of my card and using Crumb Cake ink, I stamped the En Francais stamp onto the the base of the card.  Then I used a piece of Real Red card stock and ripped it diagonally before gluing it to the card base.  I cut a heart from the piece of More Amore DSP, the laser-cut ones, to add to the front of the card.  Before adding the heart, I punched a hole in the corner and added a brad to hold a piece of Crochet Trim lace.  I punched a small heart and used dimensionals to adhere the small heart to the top of the brad.  To add a little glimmer, I covered the small heart in Dazzling Details.  The Dazzling Details was SUPER popular at my class and probably got used more than anything I brought to class.  Here is a picture:

The third card I created began with Primrose Petals as the card base.  I used a piece of Very Vanilla and embossed it with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, them sponged it with Primrose Petals ink.  Next I used some of the More Amore DSP and used the Curly Label punch twice, then used it to punch one each of Pool Party and Real Red card stock.  I used the Full Heart punch to punch a heart out of Very Vanilla and one Small Heart punch in Real Red card stock.  I arranged them onto the embossed piece of paper and glued them on.  I punched another strip of More Amore DSP with the Scallop Edge Border punch and glued it to the piece of embossed paper.  To hide the seam, I glued a piece of Pool Party ruffled ribbon to those pieces.  I put the completed piece toward the top of the front of the card.  To finish it, I used one of the stamps from the My Little Valentine set in Primrose Petals ink.




I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week, and may you find time to be inspired and create!

No comments:

Post a Comment