Monday, January 21, 2013

Welcoming Victoria

 Good morning Everyone!  This is a little late getting posted, a couple weeks in fact, because I have been incredibly busy with life.  One of my best friends, who is such a sweetheart, is having a baby!!!  I went to her baby shower a few weekends ago and I made this card especially for her and her daughter Victoria.  To date the baby hasn't been born yet, but it will be any day now.

Front view of the card.
I used Wisteria Wonder card stock as the base, and Very Vanilla for the "ruffles" at the neck and legs.  To create some texture, I used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on the front of the card.  I added 3/8" ruffled ribbon in Wisteria Wonder across the front to create a waist on the card and added pearl embellishments to the middle of the ribbon.  I also added three smaller pearls to the bottom of the onesie as the buttons (it is hard to see here because of my watermark over the picture, sorry!). 

A slightly off-center picture to see the glitter effect better.
As for the "ruffles" around the neck and legs, I used the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle and the 1-1/4" Circle punches.  I should have used the 1-3/8" Circle punch, but couldn't find it when I needed it ;).  To create a little sparkle, I used an Aqua Painter and filled it with water, then used Dazzling Details and brushed on the sparkle. 
The tutorial for this onesie can be found here.  This is a wonderful website by Becky Jensen, who I have found many beautiful creations and inspirations from!
I hope you will come back and visit soon.  Until then, please have a wonderful day and find time to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment